Life is a curious thing. Each of us has a completely different adventure, yet we all face similar challenges, experience wonders, and are given amazing blessings, even if we don't recognize them. My life has certainly been action-packed. A lot of it good, much of it bad, but I've learned valuable life lessons along the way and managed to become one of the happiest people I know. I'll be sharing my thoughts and stories, and things I know and believe. I encourage you to leave comments so we can all learn from each other! Happy reading!

Monday, May 27, 2013

I'm Ba-aaaack!!...But Not in a Creepy, Fuzzy TV Kinda Way


Ah, my poor, neglected blog. All alone out in the blogosphere...no one waiting, no one reading. Kinda puts a little block of guilt on my heart. After all, I had such great intentions. I had a vision. I knew exactly what I wanted to say, what I wanted it to look like, what I wanted it to become. But it just never happened.

In my defense though, I've had a lot going on. I've been working on freelance marketing, writing, and editing. I'm an herbalist, which is a never-ending learning process. I'm developing a comprehensive website that will educate people about herbs, herbal remedies, the different herbal traditions across dozens of cultures worldwide, and a number of other related topics. It will also be a place for me to sell my bulk herbs, remedies, and tea and spice blends. So I'm working on new recipes and new labeling and I'm creating a store on Etsy.com to sell them in the meantime. I also set up occasionally at local craft fairs and festivals to sell my baked goods and herbal products, which is a ton of work, but enjoyable. I'm growing a garden and am engaged in active, yet non-harmful (for them, can't say the same for me), warfare with a large group of deer. Right now I feel a little like Wile E. Coyote, fighting a losing battle with animals much smarter than me. But I have high hopes for winning through patience. Or when fall hits and what's left of my plants poop out, they'll be forced to give up and eat the stuff I've been throwing out in the front yard for them, letting me feel a tiny, tiny victory in some way. I'm a single mom of a teenager, have 9 pets, and am a part time caregiver for my 90 year old grandmother, so somebody always needs something. I have dishes that have figured out how to breed when I turn my back and laundry that spreads like lava if I forget it for a couple of days. Oh, and in my spare time, I'm writing a book. A real one, for publication this year. Actually, it's book one of nine, and I find myself piecing together the other eight here and there, but I'm getting there. I'm currently about 2/3 done.

In other words, I'm busy. Like everybody else, I guess. My time management skills are fairly good, and I'm an expert multi-tasker, but somehow my little blog just fell right through the cracks. And now, lest I be viewed as one who just makes excuses when the road gets difficult, I've decided to go in after it, to rescue it and pump new life into it. I've decided it may not look like I had originally intended. On days where I can't produce anything even mildly profound, which may happen more often than I'd like, my posts may be less meaning-of-life and more dangers-of-life-in-a-chaotic-and-chronically-sleepy-household. I have way more material for that anyways. But the main thing is, I want to write and put it out there as often as possible. And now that I've put this out there, if I don't follow through, I'll feel like a total schmuck. So there you go. Instead of just writing about my views on life, you may be getting a view into my life. Good and bad. Dirty laundry, dog slobber, teenage angst and all. But don't worry, we have plenty of rainbows and butterflies here, too. The view may be covered in cat hair, but it's really kinda nice overall. I'll be seeing you around.

No comments:

Post a Comment